Camper at Night 2

Camper at Night 2

Friday, June 19, 2015

Fishing, Pedicure, Doctor, Fried Shrimp, Fresh Tomatoes and a Funeral (My Week in Review)

Doesn't that title just make you wish you lived a life like mine?  It was actually a pretty good week.  My goal for the week was to mop and dust the whole house.  That didn't happen.  I just didn't have the energy to do housework, BUT miraculously I felt like doing the things listed above.

Monday we went fishing and it was HOT.  It was so hot that I kept dropping ice cubes down my shirt to cool off.  And we got up early (6:00) and for a long, long time the fish weren't biting.  In fact after over an hour Bubba had caught one nice bream and I caught one nice flip flop.  I was going to pull my Baby Ruth out from the food bag, open up a cold drink and enjoy a snack when the fish started biting.  That trick works every time.  They absolutely know when you are fixing to take a break and who can enjoy a Baby Ruth when you have worm gooey on your hands?  We ended up with 23 scale fish and two catfish.




Tuesday Bubba fried fish and I made potato salad.  We had more than we could eat even after we shared with our neighbors.  Of course, after eating a big lunch we had to take the afternoon off and rest.

A pedicure was on my agenda for Wednesday.  I left Bubba working in the yard and went to P.C. for my monthly treat.  I could have looked around and shopped all day except it was too HOT.  I can't believe that it is not even officially summer yet.

Since I was in need of a refill on a prescription, I had an appointment with the local doctor on Thursday.  I was there a full hour and a half before I saw him.  I told him that I had no energy.  He told me to lower my expectations.  They really aren't that high to start with.  All I want to do is mop and dust.  Then he suggested that I submit to a sleep study.  He said that not getting enough oxygen at night can make you wake up tired.  I told him I would, but I've about changed my mind.  For one thing, I don't think I can sleep knowing that there are people on the other side of the window waiting on me to do so.  Plus, even if I did have a problem I can't see myself putting on one of those CPAP things every night to sleep.  I'm still thinking on it, but I leaning toward not doing it.

After my doctor's appointment, Bubba and I went to Blountstown to eat the Thursday special at Parramore's Restaurant.  You get twelve fried shrimp, two sides, hush puppies, dessert, and tea for $8.00.  You can't beat that anywhere.  Afterwards we went up the road to Grand Ridge and bought a box of tomatoes.  It is just too HOT to pick them ourselves now.

Today we attended the funeral of an elderly man from our past.  Bubba grew up with his sons.  One was his best man at our wedding.  The other was our next door neighbor when we first got married.  It was good to see old friends again even though it was under sad circumstances.  A funeral always causes us to reflect on how fleeting life is and how we should make the most of it.

We will be camping again soon and we have a trip to Branson, Missouri, scheduled around our anniversary so we are looking forward to that.  If that goes well, who knows what might be next? 


Meanwhile, Amy and her family are enjoying Lake Tahoe, Nevada, with Darryl's family.  Amelia got to ride the trolley in San Francisco and they took a side trip through Yosemite National Park, which they loved.  I can't believe my seven year old granddaughter has traveled more than I have, but I'm going to try to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment