Camper at Night 2

Camper at Night 2

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Holiday

Amy, Darryl, and Amelia arrived here in the middle of the night on October 17.  Amy and Amelia were going to come for a quick fall holiday visit, but when Darryl's family's rental house needed some painting and repairs completed before the 1st of November Darryl decided to come with them to help his sister get the job done.

As always, it was great to have them here.  Bubba volunteered to pitch in and help with the work, leaving Amy, Amelia, and me home for some quality time together.  This is a picture of Amy spending quality time with her mom.

Note that she "appears" to be interested in what I'm saying, but she has her laptop open and is constantly glancing down to connect with the world. (I had to include that little dig. I hope she forgives me because she is truly a wonderful daughter.)  Bubba says I'm addicted to mine also so I guess that I'm getting a dose of my own medicine.


What was unusual about this visit is that we picked Amelia's cousin Avery up at "school" on Thursday and Friday and she stayed with us all afternoon.  There was so much activity that I didn't get any pictures of them together.  They were so funny.
The first afternoon we took them to the park up the road that has a really nice playground.  It is also the home of "Bucky" and "Doe-Doe", the goats that we enjoy feeding.  They visited the goats and played for a while and we headed back home.
When they crawled up into their car seats, Avery grabbed up Amelia's teddy bear that she had brought with her.  Amelia immediately began to wail wanting her teddy bear back.  We gave the sharing speech to no avail.  Suddenly Avery tossed the bear into the very back of the car and Amelia's wailing got louder.  Then Avery joined in with a fake wailing noise mocking Amelia.  Finally, I had enough.  I turned around and said, "If you both don't hush right this minute, you're both going to be in time out when we get home!"  To my surprise (and Amy's) they both turned it off immediately and we had a peaceful ride home.

Friday afternoon, we picked up Avery and headed for Pier Park. They have rides there now and it is is called Miracle Strip at Pier Park.  Both girls were very excited to be there. We got each one of them an arm band so they could ride as much as they wanted.  The afternoon passed quickly.  When we headed home, we stopped by "Chic-Fil-A" which Avery calls "Chick Olay" for ice cream and allowed them to play a while in the play area there.  

On the way home the fussing between the cousins started again.  "She touched me!"  "She looked mean at me!"  "She did her teeth at me!"  "I don't want her to come to my house!" "She doesn't share!"  "I don't want to play with her!"  But when we got back and Avery's mom was walking toward the car to get her, it changed to "I don't want Avery to go home!"  "I want to go home with Amelia!"  "I want Avery to play with me!"

It may not sound like it to you, but this was all a lot of fun.  We did a lot of laughing about it.  Ashley said that she and her cousin, Ginger, were the same way -- always bickering, but loving their time together.

Saturday, before they headed back to Baton Rouge, Bubba and Amelia enjoyed some time with the "hole" swing.  Amelia loves to swing high and she loves for Bubba to make the swing spin round and round.



She also loves to pose for pictures.  













One time when she was spinning on the swing, her dress got caught up in it somehow and her belly button was showing.  She thought this was hilarious so every time when she finished spinning, she somehow managed to finish with her belly button showing.  She would laugh and laugh.  I love the way she says "button".  It is "but" "ton" as though it was two words instead of just one.  



Way too soon, it was time for them to head home.  It was a very good visit.  In just a few weeks we will be on our way out there for Amelia's 5th birthday.  She is growing up so fast!  She is so loving and precious.  She has brought us all great joy.  We can't wait until next time.


Note:  How can you not be a LSU fan??

No comments:

Post a Comment