Camper at Night 2

Camper at Night 2

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Time to Catch Up

When I last blogged, I had a root canal and a weigh in scheduled for Tuesday.  I weighed and had lost two more pounds.  That makes ten in two weeks! I'm very pleased with the new Weight Watchers program and look forward to the challenge of camping and visiting while sticking to it.  Pictured below was my favorite meal of the week.



The weigh in may have taken place as scheduled, but the root canal did not.  I was at the dentist at 7:30 and was back home by 8:30 having been numbed and drilled (a lot).  He was unable to "gain access to the nerve" so he stuck some "putty" in the hole and referred me to an endodontist next Tuesday to have it done.  The good news is that he did not charge anything for the work he did and I'm assuming that whatever he drilled will not have to be done again.

When I returned home we headed for Frank Jackson State Park in Opp, AL.  This is my all time favorite park to stay at so far and it has the added benefit of being close to Joe and Judy.  We haven't seen them since Joe had his shoulder surgery a month ago and Judy's broken foot was put in a boot.  We had boiled eggs en route.  After we got set up we went to Joe and Judy's and Judy had made chicken salad which she served with apples, honey dew melon, canteloupe, grapes, and strawberries.  It was a perfect WW meal and was delicious and filling.

We went to Larry's Bar-B-Q in Andalusia for supper.  I was able to get chicken with a baked potato and salad, still staying on my diet.  (I carried my own salad dressing and spray butter).

At WalMart afterwards, Judy and I had a good time grocery shopping for diet items.  We loaded up on Jello and sugar-free pudding.  It was actually fun.
A fish fry with "legal" vegetables and salad.
Judy and I had our fish grilled = delicious.
Grilled pork chops, oven fried potatoes, carrot and apple salad, steamed vegetables, corn on the cob and mango-corn salsa.

In addition to the delicious WW friendly meals we had at Joe and Judy's, we grilled hamburgers one day at the camp site and grilled chicken another day.  Both times we were able to sit at the picnic table and enjoy the beauty of the lake.

While we were there Bubba helped Joe with a few of his farm chores.  We spent a lot of time visiting and catching up.
  Note:  Joe is the foolhardy one on the left.

Judy and I did a little shopping and I was able to get a much needed pedicure while she was having her nails done.  As much as I love pedicures, this was my first one since I retired.  I just haven't been able to work it into my schedule.

We ended up staying four nights and would have stayed longer, but the campground could not accomodate us any longer.  It is spring break in the surrounding counties and people were filling the park up in a hurry.  I got to sit outside and read for a few hours one afternoon and it felt so peaceful and good to enjoy the sunshine after so many dreary days.
When we returned home Saturday afternoon, it looked like spring had sprung while we were gone.  All the azaleas and dogwood are blooming and it looks just beautiful.  Busy days are ahead, but we are enjoying this freedom called retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment