Camper at Night 2

Camper at Night 2

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras Baton Rouge Style


With our family on the road, we were ensconced in our own little vacation paradise.  And what better place to be during Mardi Gras than Baton Rouge?  (No way are we wild enough to go to New Orleans.)  

When my friend, Bridget, where I used to work heard one of our co-workers was going to Louisiana for Mardi Gras, she gave her my cell phone number so she could contact me while she was there.  Contact me, she did.






They were formerly from the area and were going to be in a parade on
Saturday evening.  They asked us if we would like to join them and we did.  We didn't get a picture of the float itself, but we did get a picture from the float as we travelled the parade route.  What is the facination with those beads?  It was a lot of fun.  Following the parade, my friends had a reception they had to attend, but I gave them Amy and Darryl's address and they said they would come by if they got through in time.  


Although Bubba and I don't care for wine ourselves, we felt like we had an adequate supply on hand for entertaining a few friends.  Apparently the drinking is a big deal with the Mardi Gras festivities so we were sure they would know what to do with this even if we didn't.





They showed up around 9:30.  Connie, the girl in the black dress is my former co-worker.  She is originally from Houma, Louisiana, and was really enjoying her time off.  We certainly felt under-dressed, but enjoyed laughing and talking with them.













Even Bubba was getting into the spirit of things.  Isn't he cute in Amelia's mask?










Of course, he's not as cute as I am.  I know that we stayed up later than we have in years, but that made sleeping in the next morning even more enjoyable.








Note to Amy and Darryl-
We're sorry about the wine.  There was a little dust on the bottles, so you must not need it too badly.  You are also low on cheese, pepperoni, crackers, bacon, eggs, ice cream, oreos, and coffee.

Oh, and we charged two movies to your account.

We had a great time and look forward to next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment