Camper at Night 2

Camper at Night 2

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Easter Gala

This is my favorite time of the year.  The weather warms up, the flowers begin to bloom, and everything feels fresh and new.  As I began to place a few decorations out for the Easter season, I got the idea that I wanted to have a luncheon and invite some of my favorite former co-workers to come.  So I began to prepare.  I spent all day the day before cooking.  I made a blueberry cake, a strawberry cake, and a red velvet cake.  I cooked chicken spaghetti and a Paula Deen chicken and rice casserole and prepared a seven layer salad along with yeast rolls.

I served the main meal buffet style from the bar.































Half of my friends sat in the dining room.
















Others sat at the kitchen table.  I was able to have a turn at both tables as I ate my chicken salad made with fat free mayo.  Yes, I did not even taste any of what I had prepared.  I enjoyed seeing them enjoy it.  There was a lot of catching up and a lot of laughing.  It was so much fun.


This young lady was recently promoted to lieutenant.  When I saw her a week prior I told her that if I had known she was being promoted that day I would have baked her a cake.  "Oh, I'll see you next Wednesday," she said.  So I baked her a red velvet cake and presented it to her before she left.

This was a fun day.  I enjoyed visiting with friends and I enjoyed the preparation of the food.  I don't want to get out of practice just because i retired.  And as I'm sure you've heard me end before -- a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment