Camper at Night 2

Camper at Night 2

Sunday, May 25, 2014

It Is Definitely Not a Squirrel

Since it wasn't practical to be with Amy for Mother's Day this year, I opted to spend Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at St. George Island for some much needed rest and relaxation.  So we arrived at the park Sunday afternoon, set up our recliners, and enjoyed some down time.   Bubba grilled ribeye steaks for supper and I prepared some oven fries to go with them.  It was a great meal.  I love steak, but try not to eat it too frequently for several reasons.

On some of my earliers posts, I took a picture of the "view from my window" and sister-in-law Winifred mentioned that she enjoyed seeing them.  She is not going to like this one.  I know that I didn't.
Every time I looked out my window, this is what I saw.  I hate rats!!  I don't care if it and a squirrel are from the same family, they are just not the same. I threw oyster shells at it every chance I got, but he always came back. Trying to forget about the rat, Bubba and I packed up our stuff on our handy dandy beach cart and left this critter behind to enjoy some relaxing time soaking up some rays.
Bubba tried some surf fishing without any luck.
I think I actually went to sleep.  It was windy and pleasantly cool.  The tide was coming in and it wasn't too long before the waves began to lap up under our chairs so we moved everything back.
And eventually the waves followed us to where we were so we called it quits and headed back to the camper.

The next day we went fishing off the St. George Island Bridge again with no luck, but it was just good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine.  We enjoyed a meal at Bayside Burgers where Bubba got the fried mullet and I had a very good hamburger steak.  If you are ever in this area, I recommend this little restaurant.  I've never ordered a hamburger here, but there seafood is delicious and reasonable priced.

Wednesday we arrived home fairly early and got busy cleaning up the camper and washing our clothes.  We were leaving for Baton Rouge the next morning to see Amelia in her program at school.  We're getting quite busy living this retirement life.

No comments:

Post a Comment